Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sweet Tooth

Oreo truffles were devoured at work - both Ken's and mine! In fact, I had to get them out of the house before Ken gorged himself on them. I love baking for the holidays. Actually, that's not true. I love baking any time of year but it's probably the one time of year you can get away with baking so many sweets without the guilt. Well, not as much anyway.

This past Sunday, a dear pastor friend of mine preached a great message (as told to me by my other dear friend, his wife). I'd like to share it with you.

It was about "Unlocking Uncommon Blessings/Favor" in one's life. He said,
"Touch your heart & say this to yourself out loud:
I Am Sacred. What's Inside Me Is Sacred. And I Need to Treat it That Way."


I am in agreement that once I heard it, that one line has also rocked my world.
I am Sacred.
What's inside me is Sacred.
And I need to treat it That Way.
 
Have you been wasting the best parts of yourself on things, situations and people who STILL don't understand the value of who you really are?

Pause for a moment and remember: your body is a temple.
Treat it that way.
And treat others with the same honor & respect.

All credit for that message due to Rhema Fellowship Church and its great Pastor Green and First Lady.


No comments: