Monday, October 4, 2010

Sickness during a Delicate Time

No one enjoys being sick when they have absolutely nothing else going on around them. Add something ... oh, let's just say pregnancy ... into the fray and it's a horse of a completely different color altogether!

One the major things is having to scrutinize any medications before taking them to ensure proven safety to this little one inside. It's a completely horrible experience to be this miserable and hope that that misery isn't seeping through to the baby. Even now, I just can't bear thinking that the baby might be suffering.

I've been assured that the baby probably has no idea I'm even sick other than noticing the increased amount of fluids and all the jiggling around due to the sneezing and coughing.

I haven't been able to sleep in several days since the minute I lay down, a coughing fit begins. This is in addition to the broken sleep I'd been getting due to all the bathroom trips.

Now, I know this entire post is a huge vent session but this is my reality lately and I'm bringing it to you.

Yesterday, to add to an already dreadful time, I threw my back out. Not picking up anything heavy or doing some crazy exercise. Simply getting one roll of toilet paper onto the holder *POP* goes the back!

Try putting on socks, pants or even going to the bathroom this way. It's just no way to live, folks!

So to recap:
  • hacking cough
  • no sleep
  • no effective meds
  • no bending over
  • painful bathroom visits (sitting, wiping and standing ... not the actual going or doing)
I've simply had better days and hope that goes away this week. I have multiple doctor's appointments today ranging from the therapist to the family practioner to fuel that hope.

Wish me luck!

No comments: