Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nursery

In the impending arrival of hurricane Irene here in NH, Ken busied himself in the nursery while I tried to be equally as productive on my laptop.

What happened?

Hubby finished ripping out all the walls of the nursery and bagged it all = Productive.
Hurricane Irene never showed = Annoying.

And me? I tried but became sidetracked with taking a shower, giving myself a manicure (see photo) and browsing the internet for bathroom vanities = Not So Productive.

Just for the record, even after perusing over a hundred of them, I did NOT find a vanity to love. Ditto with the medicine cabinet. (We're also renovating our master bathroom.)

Our power never went out (thankfully) because it would have derailed the destruction of all the brain cells I've wasted watching DIY and HGTV shows today.

Pictures to follow of the gutted nursery room. One day soon, it will transform into a lovely nursery that will hopefully keep content babies.

Today, I am 26 weeks and 2 days. Doctor is hoping babies will be happy where they are until 38 weeks. That's about 12 more weeks to go ... or another 3 months. Those are a lot of numbers but the smallest one seems the most daunting.

My next ultrasounds are scheduled in the week after Labor Day. We are especially excited to get to the 3D/4D ultrasound appointment with a wonderful ultrasound technician who we both really like and is much better than the ones at the hospital. I'll be sure to post those pictures as soon as they become available.

By the way, how did anyone manage to navigate bottles and breastfeeding paraphernalia?

Exasperated with looking, I just picked a few of each thing and vowed to panic after the babies are born.

One day next week (maybe even tomorrow?), I am determined to START my crib quilt. I've had the fabrics ready to go for over a month now and my sewing space is set up. Should I make progress, I'll post pictures to share.

Many more of everything to follow ... another day.

No comments: