Sunday, July 26, 2009

Second Ultrasound

Second ultrasound was on July 17, 2009. Ken and Emma were both able to make this appointment. Baby Hamilton is 8 weeks 4 days here and heartbeat is at 175.
This ultrasound technician was not as good as my usual person so this picture looks a lot worse than the last one but what is obvious is my growing uterus!! (Not to get all technical on you guys!)

Although I'm not really showing yet at this point, my entire abdominal area is sensitive to the touch and bothersome to have any (and I mean ANY) pressure (light or heavy) on it.

I even lost quite a bit of weight although I'm not sure where since my clothes aren't fitting like they should and can I repeat my last paragraph? ANY pressure!!

The most noticeable changes these days aren't physical! They are emotional and internal - nausea, dizziness, queasy with sudden movements or long car rides and sensitivity to many, many smells. I suddenly also have an aversion to a lot of foods I used to love. I'm also saddened and upset to report that my most beloved tomato in all of its glorious forms is not currently a food option without acquiescing to cardiac arrest inducing heartburn.
I'm looking forward to the end of the First Trimester as I've read on many sites and in several books that is when a lot of these inhumane treatment to preggers tapers off and you enter Pregnancy Utopia.

No comments: