Saturday, September 5, 2009

Five Months In!

Hard to believe that we're already five months into the journey! It doesn't seem too long ago that we were just finding out and wondering what to expect.
Let's do a quick recap so far:
Month One: Disbelief and Excitement.
Month Two: Fatigue and Sickness.
Month Three: Maternity Clothes and Reality.
Month Four: Energy and Eating.

Baby has grown to approximately the size of an avocado (The Bump):

Tiny bones are forming in baby's ears which means he/she can now hear my voice. Eyebrows, eyelashes and hair are starting to come in and taste buds are forming. Baby is emptying his/her bladder every 40-45 minutes (yes, I can confirm this!).

Constantly remembering to eat has become quite the issue only because I tend to forget until poor Baby Hamilton is wondering What gives?

Hunger is almost constant since I don't and can't eat much in one sitting. I go to work with a full lunch bag of fruit, bread and extra snacks to sustain me through the day. This becomes especially troublesome during meetings.

I also cannot control my body temperature at any given time and run hot to cold (and vice versa) A LOT. This has taught me a couple of things: Wear deodorant every day, dress in layers but always with a tank style top and keep a hair clip handy. Even as I'm writing this, I'm thinking I'd like a fan and an ice pop.

Oh and I love (crave?) potatoes. Any kind of potatoes, folks. Sweet potato, baked potato, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, french fries, potato chips, home fries and shall I go on? Mmmm ... PO-TA-TO ...

No comments: