Friday, September 18, 2009

Shy Guy ...

Or Gal!

We've had our ultrasound appointment this morning. Unfortunately, Baby Hamilton was quite the busy body and didn't let us see. I'll post the updated pictures soon. We saw all the teeny bones, heart beating, little hands and feet and a cute button nose (not sure where the baby got that from!).

Next appointment is in one month where we'll have another ultrasound to check the heart and development. We're monitoring this little one very closely.

So folks, we still have no idea if this is a boy or a girl. The suspense will linger for at least another month. Ken was disappointed but we'll have a definite answer long before the baby shower ... but I wish we were able to find out today too!

The Lord is giving us the opportunity to practice the virtue of patience. We know we'll need it once the baby is here and we're parenting full time!

In the meantime, I've gotten my blood drawn today to test for neural tube defects. I also asked the doctor about whether or not I should receive the flu shot and/or the H1N1 shot. He said that the flu shot is something many pregnant women get but that there are a lot of mixed feelings about the H1N1 vaccine. I'll definitely get the flu shot but I'm not so sure about the H1N1 shot.

My doctor made a great analogy about the flu shot being a lot like buying a lottery ticket. Can't win unless you play and you may not be protected against certain strains if you don't get the shot ... but I'm still not sold on H1N1.

No comments: