Thursday, September 29, 2011

Home Bound

Just to start off, I'd like to give you an update on my coveted snow cone machine ... that never materialized. The one that I wanted to get wasn't in stock at the store ... so now I'm debating whether to order the darn thing online or just scrap the entire idea.

The weather here is cooler now (well, today) so the urgency and desire for it has dwindled considerably. We're in NH so by now, we usually see the leaves changing to mark the Fall season. A handful have but because the weather has been so unpredictable, the plants seem to be confused what time of year it is. I have spring flowers blooming!

In other news, my doctor told me at my most recent office visit this past week that she would like me to stay home until the babies are born. My work schedule had already been decreased to three days in the office and two days at home. So until further notice, I'll be working from home full time now (except the few days I'll trek into the office to train my temp). Unfortunately, the temp hasn't even been hired yet so let's just hope nothing happens until I'm able to put in a few solid days of training.

The rest of the visit just talked about any other symptoms I may be experiencing. I think it's a lot of the usual stuff that happens at this point in the journey. Ligament pain, soreness, fatigue, pressure and the overall feelings of "Enough already!"

Honestly, most of it isn't horrible except trying to extricate myself from the pillow fortress I must recreate in bed each night to get to the bathroom in the dead of night ... only to find that by the time I get there and sit down, someone has moved.

Pee? What pee?

I still have several weeks to go since I am not scheduled for my C-Section until the week before Thanksgiving. I'm usually the one who cooks Thanksgiving dinner every year - bird to all the fixins - but I won't be doing any cooking at all this year. I've been told by my husband that he will be ordering turkey dinner in (which I'm wary of) but I'll leave those details to him for once. I'll be busy juggling babies' feeding schedules!

Nothing new in the nursery yet.

Baby shower is this Sunday though!
Ken has been working hard to keep as many details a secret as possible.

Pictures and details to follow ...

No comments: