Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I didn't know THAT?!

I am reading this article about Month 1 after baby is born. Much of it is the usual thing that most of us already know. Yes, the body is covered in lanugo that disappears shortly after. Babies are covered with vernix at birth and their heads are cone shaped (if delivered naturally) and have soft spots in the head. Some newborns experience jaundice and is common in about 25% of healthy infants.

Yada, yada, yada.

Then, I read this little part about a few peculiarities:

"Some boys might have enlarged breasts, a result of Mom's hormones having crossed the placenta."
Hmmm. Ok.

"The condition will disappear in a few days."
Whew!

"You may also wonder why your son is having erections."
Huh? and Wha?!

"These are common and frequent, often caused by pressure from feces or a full bladder."
Oh.  Ehhh.

I'm not sure if anyone else has read those tidbits before but that was NEWS to me that I thought interesting to share.

Basically, it just reaffirms what I've already known for years.

Boys are just made differently than girls.

No comments: