Thursday, August 6, 2009

Calgon ... Take me away!

It's been one of those weeks at work and I'm finally looking forward to a little down time with my favorite people (hopefully all fun in the sun). We've rented a waterfront beach house in the Cape with some friends for our annual joint family vacation. The kids really have a great time together and so do all the parents! I probably won't be able to stay awake for long stretches and no alcohol but that's not the only reason people go on vacation ;)

No laptops on the beach (I'm determined for both of us to live ANTI-WORK next week) but we will both have our Blackberrys ... guess we just can't drop all of our geek gadgets for that long!

Btw - I had something spicy last night for dinner for the first time since I experienced horrendous heartburn a few months ago and I think it may have receded!! Or I just got lucky! Either way, I was relishing dinner!

Thanks to Nana Susan for her thoughtful card (we just got it yesterday) and Grandma Mary for calling to check in on us (sometimes we need it!).

Vacations always have a way of whizzing by so I'll be back with updates and a few pictures before you know it! We're also looking forward to our next doctor's appointment that Friday we return because we just MIGHT be able to see if Baby Hamilton is a boy OR a girl!

No comments: