Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Motherhood Saves the Day

And by "motherhood" ... I don't mean the intangible concept of the word that is the cause of heartfelt moments and life giving joy. No, by Motherhood, I mean the very tangible store with very tangible clothes for the not so palpable view of my current self.

I'm sure most pregnant women are gorgeous (I personally know a few) but the antithesis of that is right here, folks. Yes, that's right. I've officially given up figuring out if I can still bear to squeeze into any pants with a button, snap or clasp or if I should yield willingly into the realm of elastic waistbands, "Belly Bandits", "Secret Fit Belly" and "B-Buckles".

For pregnant gals and prior members, these names will probably sound familiar to you. For others, they might as well be cartoon names. For me, I'm somewhere in between.

I dragged myself into a Motherhood store for the first time to find it both overwhelming and annoying at the same time. Overwhelming are the onslaught of all things maternity and annoying are the scant collection of the same things not made for someone under 5'6". Oompa-Loompas come to mind.

Regardless, I sifted through these racks and picked out several items that far exceeded the amount of money I wanted to pay as a first time maternity clothes buyer (wasn't there a discount for first timers?). Most were work appropriate and fall wear in preparation for the months where such clothes would be unavoidable.

I'm happy to be pregnant. I'm less excited to feel awkward in clothes (*junior high flashback!).

We're only focusing on H.A.P.P.Y.

No comments: