Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nesting?

Nah! It's too early for full blown nesting but I did get the overwhelming itch to dig out my sewing machine last night and start with a fairly easy project as a refresher.

I found this cute goodie bag pattern online and decided to give it a go. I stopped off at the craft store after work, hunted, conquered, procrastinated at home and then started it around 7:30p. It took some literal digging to find my sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter and exacto knife all buried in my half of our shared office.

My poor sewing machine started to fall apart the second I plugged it in. The needle came loose, the feed foot came undone and my bobbin flew off! I was afraid of what might happen next!!

Despite those minor snags during our reacquaintance, my trusty Brother and I got the project done.
Not perfect but now that I've done it once, I will be able to experiment with other fabrics and appliqué designs. Not too shabby for a comeback :)

No comments: