Monday, August 17, 2009

Welcome to my Second Trimester!

I am happy to say that I am officially in my Second Trimester. Sometimes you try not to think about it so you won't jinx anything but making this hurdle does decrease our chances of miscarriage significantly and in a situation like ours, that's really reassuring news.

The Bump Checklist says the baby is now the size of a peach.

Teeth buds and vocal cords have formed as well as eyelids although they are still fused together. Arms and legs move and twitch - Baby can also suck it's thumb too.

We're also just back from our vacation but it just didn't seem anywhere near long enough! I survived an entire week wearing a bathing suit on this burgeoning midsection but was surprised to see I had only gained a few pounds while away ... which I then instantly started losing once we got home (could be the scant cooking I'm doing these days!).
It is becoming apparently obvious that I cannot comfortably wear any of my old pants with buttons or clasps and am in dire need of more elastic waistbands! My next shopping trip will be for a few basics that can be worn to work.
Doctor's appointment is scheduled for this Friday morning and I'm extremely anxious since we might be able to find out the baby's sex that day!!

No comments: